Main Campus Council
The Main Campus Council (MCC) is a monthly meeting of Main Campus business officers and administrators used to answer questions and disseminate information about University policies and procedures. Usually, a main speaker or University department is invited to give a short presentation on a relevant topic, which is then followed by a question and answer session, as well as announcements. Attendance is highly recommended.
These meetings are typically scheduled for the third Thursday of every month from 9:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. in the Leavey Program Room. Any changes in the schedule are noted below.
To be included on the MCC mailing list and be informed about upcoming meetings, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include only the following in the content section of the e-mail:
subscribe MAINCAMPUSCOUNCIL-L YourNetID@georgetown.edu YourFirstname YourLastname
(for example: subscribe MAINCAMPUSCOUNCIL-L email@example.com Jane Hoya)
Note: The above request must be sent from the e-mail address of the person who is trying to subscribe in order for the Listproc Services to be able to process the request.
We also welcome suggestions for future MCC topics. If you have any requests, contact us.
Upcoming FY 2013 Meetings
All meetings are in the Leavey Program Room from 9:30 a.m.-11:00 a.m., unless otherwise indicated.
- November 14, 2012: Office of Faculty Records
- January 16, 2013: Financial Affairs, UIS, Purchasing & Contracts, I-9 update
- February 20, 2013: Purchasing & Contracts
- March 20, 2013: MCFO: Chart of Accounts preview
- April 17, 2013: Facilities Management & Planning and Project Management: Archibus Space Management
- May 15, 2013: Mary Schmiedel, Office of Sponsored Programs, Grants/Award Boot Camp
- October 17, 2012: Tax Office, Office of International Programs, and MCFO (Lohrfink Auditorium, 9:30-12:00 noon).
- The Tax Office presented on new Tax policies and procedures and asked that their website be viewed for the new information. Click here for their website.
- Kathy Bellows and Joe Yohe presented on the new international travel policies and procedures. Click here for more information.
- Heather Malneritch presented on the policies and procedures of the Main Campus Finance Office. Click here for the presentation.
- November 14, 2012: Office of Faculty Records presented on the appointments and re-appointments process and general paperwork processing. (Healy 104, 9:30am - 11am)
- January 16, 2013: UIS, HR and Purchasing and Contracts (Leavey Program Room, 9:30am - 11am)
- Beth Ann Bergsmark and Donna Delay from UIS presented on the new wireless device consolidation efforts.
- Tamatha Jackson, the HR I-9 Analyst, prsented on the most recent procedures for I-9 processing and timely employee onboarding. Find more information about that here.
- Purchasing and Contracts spoke briefly as a follow-up to the UIS presentation.
- February 20, 2013: Purchasing and Contracts (Leavey Program Room, 9:30am - 11:30am
- Aliz Agoston from Procurement delivered a presentation on Procurement's policies related to travel expenses and general contract guidelines. Click here to see her presentation
- March 20, 2013: MCFO (Lohrfink Auditorium, 9:30am - 11:00am)
- Heather Malneritch from MCFO and Heather Lunders from HR presented on the new chart of accounts that will be implemented on the HCM/Payroll side of GMS in May 2013. Find the presentation here.
- April 17, 2013: Facilities Management/Planning and Project Management (Leavey Program Room, 9:30am - 11:00am)
- Mike Morse, Greg Burton and Susan Armstrong presented on the new Archibus Space Management module in development. Click here to see their presentation.
- May 15, 2013: Office of Sponsored Programs (Leavey Program Room, 9:30am - 11am)
- Mary Schmiedel presented a grants management information session. Click here to see her presentation.
- May 17, 2012: Nicole Kegler and Judith House will discuss Data Security Representative program, updates regarding technology policies and procedures, and other data security guidance for staff.
- April 19, 2012: Margie Bryant, Associate Vice President of Auxiliary Services will provide updates to Auxiliary Services.
- March 15, 2012: Richard Payant, Director, and Mike Morse, Resources Manager of Facilities Management will provide updates to Facilities Management. The presentation can be found here.
- February 16, 2012: Aliz Agoston presented on the new Georgetown Travel Tool.
- January 19, 2012: meeting cancelled
- November 17, 2011: Cynthia Chance, Faculty Records Director and Assistant Provost, will discusss staff responsibilities, frequently asked questions, class codes, new hiring paperwork, and secondary appointment forms.
- October 20, 2011: Andy Henley, Director; and Aliz Agoston, Operation Manager of Procurement and Payments, presented on updates to policy and procedure changes.
- September 15, 2011: This meeting took place in the Lohrfink Auditorium from 9:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.. Sheila McMullan, Associate Dean for Administration & Finance, along with Simmer Grewal, Asst. Director for Fin. Aid & Student Affairs, Grad School of Arts & Sciences, began the meeting with a presentation on Graduate Student Payroll. Followed by the Main Campus Finance Office Staff who presented on a review of the Main Campus Policies and Procedures.
- August 18, 2011: Ryan Powers, Assistant Director, Student Employment Programs, presented on Student Employment, with the effects of GMS/Workday when hiring a student employee. Ryan also provided helpful reminders for the upcoming Fall 2011 hiring season. Judith House, Associate University Information Security Officer, University Information Services, followed with a presentation on the procedures of the Sponsored University Associate (SUA) Database and demonstrated the process with a flow chart.
- May 19, 2011: Phylander Pannell, Director of Campus Activity Facilities, has discussed the OCAF online request system and provided the OCAF Spaces Usage Spreadsheet. Please click OCAF Submission Instructions for more information. Andy Henley, Director of Procurement and Payments, introduced new staff members and their roles along with the changes in the procurement and payment processes and/or procedures. Please use the updated W9 Form when requesting Vendor information.
- April 21, 2011: Margie Bryant, Associate Vice President of Auxiliary Services, provided updates in reference to the Auxiliary Services.
- March 17, 2011: Mike Morse, the Resource Manager for Facilities Management, and Richard Payant, the Director of Facilities Management, presented on the work done by Facilities Management.
- February 17, 2011: Lori Varma, Human Resources Manager for the Main Campus, and Mieke Martinez, Chief Budget Officer for the Main Campus, provided an orientation regarding the new Georgetown Management System (Workday). Please click for GMS terminology and the GMS Overview.
- January 20, 2011: Beth Ann Bergsmark, Director of UIS Academic and Information Technology Services, and Nicole Kegler, UIS Information Security Communications Manager, provided updates on University Information Services.
- November 18, 2010: Cynthia Chance, Faculty Records Director and Assistant Provost, discussed staff responsibilities, frequently asked questions, class codes, new hiring paperwork, and secondary appointment forms.
- October 21, 2010: Andrew Henley, Director of Accounting Services in Administrative Services, and Barun Khatri, Corporate Charge Analyst in Accounts Payable, update on Administrative Services and ProCard's Pathway. Aliz Agoston, Operation Manager in Purchasing & Contracts, presented on contracts: business processes and managing the flow of documents. Laura Benner, Tax and Asset Management, discussed the sales tax exemption, gift card processes, and general overview of the tax office.
- September 16, 2010: This meeting was held in the Lohrfink Auditorium, Hariri Building, between 9:30 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. The presentation made by the Main Campus Finance Office's staff included a review of the Main Campus polices and procedures.
- August 19, 2010: Heather Ball, Associate Director for Student Employment Programs, presented materials to assist with hiring students.
- May 20, 2010: Aliz Agoston, the Operation Manager in Purchasing & Contracts, and Andrew Henley, Director of Accounting Services, presented on how to best conduct contracting and payments at Georgetown University.
- April 15, 2010: Phylander Pannell provided a cheat sheet with various infomation about the Office of Campus Activity Facilities.
- March 11, 2010: Richard Payant presented information regarding Facilities Management.
- February 18, 2010: Joyce Gray from the Graduate School presented on lump sum payments for graduate students and the information that is needed in order to process those lump sums. Stacey Huggins also from the Graduate School discussed the Graduate School's Visiting Researcher program. Beth Ann Bergsmark from UIS provided updates.
- January 21, 2010: Philip Thomas from International Initiatives will provide a brief update on the survey related to international activities at Georgetown and shared the following links: International Traveler's Resource, International Collaboration system, and International Initiatives website (with information on International Collaborative Research Grants). Lori Varma, Katina Porter, and Sophia Lattibeaudiere from Human Resources also discussed the Leave Request Form, reference checking on internal candidates, and the matter of providing appropriate documentation with paperwork.
- November 19, 2009: Derreck Brown from Office of Faculty Records and Appointments discussed staff responsibilities, frequently asked questions, class codes, new hiring paperwork, and secondary appointment forms. Viv Pommier from West End Travel discussed updates.
- October 22, 2009: Margie Bryant from Auxiliary Services discussed the payroll deduction option available for the GoCard.
- September 25, 2009 (McShain Lounge Large): Mary Anne Mahin (Notification of Essential Employee Status for 2009-2010 Academic Year, 7 Day Leave Advance in Connection with H1N1 Influenza Pandemic, and link to Emergency Preparedness site), Phillip Thomas from International Initiatives provided updates, and the Main Campus Finance Office reviewed Main Campus Business Procedures and Compliance.
- August 20, 2009: Student Employment (presentation)
- May 21, 2009: Accounting Services (ProCard Quick Facts) (ProCard Policy) (Transition from American Express to ProCard presentation) (Web EV Process) (Web EV Processing presentation)
- April 16, 2009: UIS and Student Employment
- March 19, 2009: Facilities Management (presentation) (web site)
- February 20, 2009: Human Resources (Handouts: Online Recruitment Summary, Record Retention Policy, and Reference Checking), Payroll (Employee Reimbursement/Travel Log forms and instructions, Financial Affairs Policy-Business Travel, Financial Affairs Policy-Reimbursement Policy, Payroll Contact and Other Helpful Information, and Pay Schedules)
- January 15, 2009: Auxiliary Services (Handouts: Cater Trax Order Guide, Catering Flyer, and Cosi/Starbucks floorplan)
- December 18, 2008: Financial Affairs Open House / Walk-In Session (no formal presentation)
- November 21, 2008: Office of Faculty Records & Appointments (handout)
- October 16, 2008: Financial Affairs: Accounting Services (presentation), Purchasing & Contracts (Vendor Registration with W9, Purchasing and Contracts Quick Reference, and Purchasing Staff Responsibilities), Tax Office (presentation)
- September 18, 2008: International Initiatives Update (presentation) (International Traveler's Resource web site) and Main Campus Business Procedures and Compliance (presentation)
- August 21, 2008: Accounting Services (customer service: x7-4848 or firstname.lastname@example.org) ("what's new" presentation), West End Travel (web site) (presentation) (tips for booking travel)
- Financial Affairs Open House / Walk-In Session (no formal presentation) (flyer)
- University Information Services
- Office of Faculty Records & Appointments (presentation)
- Facilities (web site) (presentation)
- Auxiliary Services (web site) (GU Dining Services) (GU Catering) (CaterTrax)
- Payroll (Employee Reimbursement Form, Policy # FA112A-05, Policy # FA112B-05), Human Resources (presentation, Performance Review Training, Intellix Corp vendor presentation)
- Tax Office (presentation), Accounts Payable, Purchasing & Contracts (handouts: new Purchase Requisition form, Standard Terms & Conditions and template, AmEx (University policy #FA106-07) - note: revisions to policy regarding card usage currently under review) (10/22/07 Contracts Workshop Announcement)
- Main Campus Business Compliance Procedures (presentation), International Traveler's Resource (website) (presentation)
- Graduate Student Employment (Graduate Financial Aid website)
- University Facilities & Student Housing (website) (presentation)
- Purchasing & Contracts (website)
- Purchasing: ProCard update (ProCard Manual revised Jan07) (ProCard FAQ) (Hoya Computing)
- Contracts (Contract Package for a Business and Contract Process handout)
- Hoya Staffing (website)
- Auxiliary Services (website)
- UIS - Custom & Departmental Services (Contracts Review Process) (Preferred Vendor Pool)
- Human Resources - Employment Services (website) (contacts) (Human Resources Manual) (forms) (FAQs)
- Main Campus Business Compliance Procedures (presentation)