Staff Duties and Responsibilities
Office of the Provost
Office of Faculty Records and Appointments
650 Intercultural Center (ICC)
Washington DC 20057
Phone: (202) 687-6400
Fax: (202) 687-5103
Please send requests or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Cynthia Chance, Ph.D.
Director and Assistant Provost
Dr. Chance oversees the work of the staff of the Office of Faculty Records and Appointments, an organization within the Office of the Provost with responsibility for stewardship of faculty records for the Main Campus and appointment processing and review. Dr. Chance is an academic policy and faculty affairs expert who represents the Provost's Office and Main Campus faculty and Academic Administrative Professionals in her role as Assistant Provost. A member of the Provost's Council and the Appointing Deans group, Dr. Chance is presently Co-Chair of the Digital Measures Faculty Information project, co-Chair of the GMS Operations Group, and a member of the GMS Steering Committee. As the Provost's liaison to MCFO on faculty compensation matters, to OADS on Main Campus faculty reporting, and to the Office of Human Resources on faculty, AAP, and staff personnel and employment matters, Dr. Chance is a university wide resource on Main Campus faculty affairs. From time to time, Dr. Chance teaches "Ethics: Public Policy" in the Department of Philosophy.
Administrative Assistant and Data Analyst
Oversees records maintenance. Provides administrative and project management support to the Assistant Provost and the Office of Faculty Records.
- Responsible for maintenance of records for faculty, AAP and post-doctoral fellows. Will provide oversight for digitization efforts in the Office of Faculty Records and Appointments.
- Maintains shared drive (Z drive) and manages shared drive access.
Provides project management support including current GMS transition and records digitization project.
- Expertise in data analysis, OFRA workload tracking, and office management.
Payroll and Appointment Analyst
Oversees faculty appointments in MSB and GPPI. Provides oversight and guidance on payroll and financial reporting.
- Responsible for faculty and researcher appointments in MSB (including Executive Education) and GPPI.
- Expertise in data analysis and payroll reporting. Primary lead with Assistant Provost on reporting needs for the area.
Appointment and Payroll Analyst
Oversees all payroll troubleshooting for faculty and researcher appointments on Main Campus.
- Provides oversight for GMS payroll troubleshooting, overpayment calculations and other payroll/GMS focused projects.
- Provides expert guidance and compensation analysis within GMS.
- Primary liaison between Faculty Records and Payroll/Financial Affairs.
- Main point of contact for audit requests regarding faculty and AAP files.
Aneta Maria Lauro
Oversees faculty appointments in SCS, CIED and CNDLS.
- Responsible for processing faculty and researcher appointments in SCS, CIED and CNDLS.
- Responsible for employment verifications and unemployment claims.
- Responsible for maintaining Professor Emeritus records. Maintenance of Professor Emeritus database.
- Oversight of AAP maternity and disability leaves of absence.
Appointment and Payroll Analyst
Oversees faculty and researcher appointments in Georgetown College.
- Responsible for faculty and researcher appointments in Georgetown College.
- Maintains a wide variety of OFRA reports.
Oversees faculty appointments in the School of Foreign Service and SFS-Q.
- Responsible for faculty and researcher appointments in the School of Foreign Service and SFS-Q.
- Main Campus resource concerning administrative aspects of Rank & Tenure dossier preparation; probationary period and sabbatical eligibility; general faculty policy questions.
- Liaison with other university offices on faculty data reporting including Junior Faculty Standing, Faculty and AAP Vicennial Awards, Junior Faculty Reviews, New Faculty Orientation.
- Assists Director with maintenance of OFRA website.