A representative sample of the team's projects includes:
- Created post-doctoral fellowships in partnership with the China Scholarship Council (CSC), to support fellows from China for one year at the Main Campus and Medical Center. Established on May 8, 2006, the fellowships will strengthen Georgetown's ties with leading Chinese universities and research centers. As Fellows complete their programs at Georgetown and return to China, they will serve as vital links between Georgetown and their respective Chinese academic communities. For application information, please visit the fellowship website.
- Established doctoral fellowships in partnership with the Mexican National Council for Science and Technology (CONACYT) and the Ministry of Planning of Chile (MIDEPLAN).
- Launched Public Policy Summer Workshop with Fudan University in China.
- Coordinate Georgetown's partnership with Tecnológico de Monterrey (Tec), Mexico, a relationship that includes curriculum development with the Tec's Graduate School of Public Administration and Public Policy, summer modules on the Main and Law campuses, a series of live video lectures delivered by Georgetown faculty to Tec audiences, and residencies for Medical students.
- Assist Georgetown faculty to identify and initiate teaching and research collaborations with foreign partners.
- With partners across the university, we are creating a database of Georgetown international programs and resources.
- Established the Georgetown University Liaison Office at Fudan University in Shanghai, China.
- Created the International Traveler's Resource for Georgetown students, faculty, and staff.
Our team works closely with the Office of International Programs, which is responsible for all undergraduate study abroad programs and international student and scholar services, as well as with the Faculty Committee for International Initiatives.