乔治城大学联络办公室 Georgetown University Liaison Office
The Liaison Office, located in Shanghai, China, is part of Georgetown University’s continuing commitment to global engagement. It plays an important role in deepening the University’s relations with Fudan University and other Chinese partners, as well as facilitating development of new opportunities for Georgetown faculty and students in China. In addition, the office helps Georgetown alumni, parents, and friends to stay involved in the life of the University and new programs in China.
The Liaison Office works with a range of Georgetown units to achieve their goals in China through:
- coordinating current activities with Fudan University and other Chinese partners
- developing and launching new initiatives
- establishing new channels for recruiting Georgetown students, faculty and researchers
- organizing visits of Georgetown delegations to China, and of Chinese delegations to Georgetown
- supporting collaboration between Georgetown faculty and colleagues at Chinese institutions
Dr. Pei Liu (刘佩) was appointed Georgetown University’s Liaison Office Director in Shanghai in February 2010. She received her Ph.D. in Public Administration from The George Washington University, where she also worked in the Center for the Study of Globalization and taught and advised students. As part of her dissertation, in 2004, she conducted field research in China on the development of Sino-foreign collaborative educational alliances. A native of China, she earned her B.A. in Trade Economics from Wuhan University of Technology and an M.P.A. from the University of Missouri-Columbia. Dr. Liu’s academic interests are interdisciplinary, with research and publications focused on new developments in transnational education, joint educational ventures, and international quality assurance and regulation. Prior to joining Georgetown, she managed the Educational Evaluation Services for Architects program at the National Architectural Accrediting Board (NAAB) in Washington D.C. The program provides educational credentialing for foreign architects to work in the United States. Dr. Liu served as the NAAB liaison to the Education Committee of National Council of Architectural Registration Boards and led the development and implementation of an online credential evaluation process. Languages: English and Mandarin.
Telephone: +86 (21) 55664618
Georgetown University Liaison Office
c/o Center for American Studies, Fudan University
220 Handan Road, 200433 Shanghai
For more information about Georgetown University and its work in China, visit the Georgetown and China site. You can also browse the following links:
For current Georgetown students and faculty
- Undergraduate study abroad in China
- Law Center study abroad at Tsinghua University
- Georgetown International Traveler’s Resource, which includes funding opportunities for students and faculty
- Chinese Government Scholarship for Studying in China
- Provost’s Grants for International Collaborative Research
For Georgetown alumni
- Alumni-led Georgetown clubs are active in Beijing, Shanghai and Hong Kong.
- Receive communications about Georgetown alumni programs in China, by adding your address in China to the alumni directory at Hoyas Online, and by e-mailing us.
- Support Georgetown University. Georgetown’s alumni, parents, and friends sustain the university's mission of academic excellence and service to the world. Please contact us to volunteer with the Alumni Admissions Program in China, to post a job or internship with the career development office, or to discuss gifts in support of the University’s work in China or elsewhere.
For prospective students and visiting scholars from China
- China Scholarship Council-Georgetown University Post-doctoral Fellowship Program
- Undergraduate Admissions
- Graduate Admissions, Law Center Admissions, School of Medicine Admissions
- School of Foreign Service in Qatar Admissions
- Study abroad with Georgetown students at Villa Le Balze in Florence, Italy or the McGhee Center in Alanya, Turkey.
- Facts about Georgetown University
Georgetown news stories related to China
- Georgetown student awarded Fulbright for study in Shanghai
- Georgetown Scientists Travel to Shanghai for Symposium
- Georgetown University Opens Liaison Office in Shanghai, China
- Georgetown Collaborates with Fudan University
- Georgetown Law to Welcome Students from Renmin University of China
- Georgetown University and China Scholarship Council Establish Post-Doctoral Fellowship Program
- Georgetown University’s Center for Child and Human Development Signs Agreement with East China Normal University for cooperation in the areas of early childhood education and children with disabilities
Photo of participants at the second Georgetown University-Fudan University Science Symposium, July 28-31, 2009.