Full-time Non-Tenure Line (FNTL) instructional faculty can request up to $600 in reimbursements per fiscal year for costs related to professional development through their Department, School, and the Office of the Provost. Professional development activities may include presenting a paper on a topic related to the faculty member's discipline or department. This fund can be used to help cover travel and registration fees for such activities. The fund is not intended for commercial or promotional events not directly related to the faculty member's teaching and research at Georgetown.
In order to request these funds, the faculty member must submit a request and justification first through their Department and School within 60 days after the expense was paid. If those combined funds do not cover all of the costs, the FNTL may then request additional reimbursement through the Office of the Provost. The combined reimbursement from the Department, School, and Office of the Provost cannot exceed $600 total per fiscal year.
In order to request reimbursement from the FNTL Professional Development Fund:
1. Please complete the Reimbursement Form and submit it to your Department/School for approval through the appropriate office.
2. Your Department/School should submit the form to the Main Campus Office of Academic Appointments at firstname.lastname@example.org with "FNTL Reimbursement Request" in the subject line.
3. Keep documentation of your expenses, including all original, itemized receipts and boarding passes. These will be required for final reimbursement.
4. The Main Campus Office of Academic Appointments may request additional documents for its records and will notify you of the reimbursement via email.
5. Please review the Reimbursement-Business Travel Policy for more information regarding business travel and reimbursements of such expenses.