Penner Family Experiences Award
PENNER FAMILY EXPERIENCES FUNDING OPPORTUNITY
Co-curricular experiences are a cornerstone of the Georgetown education. Hoyas can participate in experiential learning opportunities in various forms, such as specially designed learning opportunities structured through courses, fellowships, independent and mentored research, study abroad, laboratory research, field work, community-based programs, or internships.
These opportunities should be accessible to all students. However, the costs of pursuing experiential learning opportunities may present a financial barrier for some Georgetown students. Participation in an experiential learning opportunity may require you to be responsible for costs such as: housing, transportation, travel, food, professional attire, and work/research-related supplies, without financial compensation for those expenses. You may also bear the lost costs of not earning and saving while pursuing an unpaid experiential learning opportunity.
Georgetown is committed to making these experiences accessible to all students, once admitted to the University. Through the Penner Family Experiences Fund, students can apply to receive an award of up to $1,500.00 for the Spring 2022 semester to assist with alleviating some of the financial burden of participating in an experiential learning opportunity while enhancing their Georgetown experience.
- You must have demonstrated eligibility for need-based financial aid, as determined by the Office of Student Financial Services when you reapply for financial aid each year.
- If you are unsure if you have demonstrated eligibility for need-based financial aid, please contact the Office of Student Financial Services.
- An undergraduate Hoya can be awarded a Summer Penner Award and a Fall OR Spring Semester award ONCE EACH during their undergraduate years.
- Graduating seniors are ineligible for a Summer Penner award, unless they have an August graduation date and are enrolled in credit-bearing courses through the summer.
- To be eligible for a Fall or Spring Penner Award, you must be enrolled full-time at Georgetown University.
The applications for the Spring 2022 cycle of the Penner Family Experiences Award open on Monday, November 1 at 9:00AM ET. You must apply by 9:00am ET on Monday, November 29, 2021 using the appropriate link below for your desired opportunity. No late applications can or will be accepted, regardless of circumstances.
Students will be notified of their status approximately two weeks after the application deadline.
Fill out this form to RSVP and be added to the Google Calendar invitation with a Zoom link for an upcoming information session (8am ET on Tuesday, November 16 and 8pm ET on Tuesday, November 16) and to receive updates and reminders about the Penner Family Experiences Fund. Serious applicants are encouraged to attend an information session.
If additional information is needed, contact PennerAward@georgetown.edu.