Penner Family Experiences Award
PENNER FAMILY EXPERIENCES FUNDING OPPORTUNITY
Co-curricular experiences are a cornerstone of the Georgetown education. Hoyas can participate in experiential learning opportunities in various forms, such as specially designed learning opportunities structured through courses, fellowships, independent and mentored research, study abroad, laboratory research, field work, community-based programs, or internships.
These opportunities should be accessible to all students. However, the costs of pursuing experiential learning opportunities may present a financial barrier for some Georgetown students. Participation in an experiential learning opportunity may require you to be responsible for costs such as: housing, transportation, travel, food, professional attire, and work/research-related supplies, without financial compensation for those expenses. You may also bear the lost costs of not earning and saving while pursuing an unpaid experiential learning opportunity.
Georgetown is committed to making these experiences accessible once admitted to the University. Through the Penner Family Experiences Fund, undergraduate students can apply to receive an award of up to $4,000.00 for the Summer 2022 term to assist with alleviating some of the financial burden of participating in an experiential learning opportunity while enhancing their Georgetown experience.
- You must have demonstrated eligibility for need-based financial aid, as determined by the Office of Student Financial Services when you reapply for financial aid each year.
- If you are unsure if you have demonstrated eligibility for need-based financial aid, contact the Office of Student Financial Services.
- An undergraduate Hoya can be awarded a Summer Penner Award and a Fall OR Spring Semester award ONCE EACH during their undergraduate years.
- Graduating seniors are ineligible for a Summer Penner award, unless they have an August graduation date and are enrolled in credit-bearing courses through the summer.
- To be eligible for a Fall or Spring Penner Award, you must be enrolled full-time at Georgetown University.
The applications for the Summer 2022 cycle of the Penner Family Experiences Award open on Monday, March 14 at 9:00AM ET. You must apply by 9:00am ET on Tuesday, April 19, 2022 using the appropriate link below for your desired opportunity. (See links below.) No late applications can or will be accepted, regardless of circumstances.
Students will be notified of their status approximately two weeks after the application deadline.
Interested students are encouraged to watch the Information Session on the Penner Award for Summer 2022 offered on March 24 at 8 pm ET.
If additional information is needed, contact PennerAward@georgetown.edu.