Penner Family Experiences Award
PENNER FAMILY EXPERIENCES FUNDING OPPORTUNITY
Co-curricular experiences are a cornerstone of the Georgetown education. Hoyas can participate in experiential learning opportunities in various forms, such as specially designed learning opportunities structured through courses, fellowships, independent and mentored research, study abroad, laboratory research, field work, community-based programs, or internships.
These opportunities should be accessible to all students. However, the costs of pursuing experiential learning opportunities outside of the classroom, credit-bearing context (except for study abroad) may present a financial barrier for some Georgetown students. Participation in an experiential learning opportunity may require you to be responsible for costs such as: housing, transportation, travel, food, professional attire, and work/research-related supplies, without financial compensation for those expenses. You may also bear the lost costs of not earning and saving while pursuing an unpaid experiential learning opportunity.
Georgetown is committed to making these experiences accessible once admitted to the University. Through the Penner Family Experiences Fund, undergraduate students can apply to receive an award of up to $4,000 for the Summer 2024 term to assist with alleviating some of the financial burden of participating in an experiential learning opportunity while enhancing their Georgetown experience
- The experiential learning opportunity must be non-credit-bearing, except for Study Abroad.
- You must have documented eligibility for need-based Georgetown scholarship aid during the current academic year, as determined by the Georgetown University Office of Student Financial Services.
- You must be a rising junior or a rising senior to apply for the Summer 2024 Penner Award.
- You must plan to be enrolled full-time in the College, McDonough School of Business, School of Foreign Service, School of Nursing, or School of Health during the Fall 2024 semester.
- An undergraduate Hoya can be awarded a Summer Penner Award and a Fall OR Spring Semester award ONCE EACH during their undergraduate years.
The applications for the Summer 2024 cycle of the Penner Family Experiences Award open on Tuesday, March 12, 2024 at 9:00am ET. You must submit all application materials by 9:00am ET on Tuesday, April 9, 2024 using the appropriate link below for your desired opportunity. (See links below.)
Students will be notified of their status within 4 weeks after the application deadline.