Penner Family Experiences Award
PENNER FAMILY EXPERIENCES FUNDING OPPORTUNITY
Co-curricular experiences are a cornerstone of the Georgetown education. Hoyas can participate in experiential learning opportunities in various forms, such as specially designed learning opportunities structured through courses, fellowships, independent and mentored research, study abroad, laboratory research, field work, community-based programs, or internships.
These opportunities should be accessible to all students. However, the costs of pursuing experiential learning opportunities may present a financial barrier for some Georgetown students. Participation in an experiential learning opportunity may require you to be responsible for costs such as: housing, transportation, travel, food, professional attire, and work/research-related supplies, without financial compensation for those expenses. You may also bear the lost costs of not earning and saving while pursuing an unpaid experiential learning opportunity.
Georgetown is committed to making these experiences accessible once admitted to the University. Through the Penner Family Experiences Fund, undergraduate students can apply to receive an award of up to $1,500.00 for the Fall 2022 term to assist with alleviating some of the financial burden of participating in an experiential learning opportunity while enhancing their Georgetown experience.
- You must have demonstrated eligibility for need-based financial aid, as determined by the Office of Student Financial Services when you reapply for financial aid each year.
- If you are unsure if you have demonstrated eligibility for need-based financial aid, contact the Office of Student Financial Services.
- You must be a rising junior or senior to apply for the Fall 2022 Penner Award.
- You must be enrolled full-time in the College, McDonough School of Business, School of Foreign Service, School of Nursing, or School of Health during the Fall 2022 semester.
- An undergraduate Hoya can be awarded a Summer Penner Award and a Fall OR Spring Semester award ONCE EACH during their undergraduate years.
The applications for the Fall 2022 cycle of the Penner Family Experiences Award open on Tuesday, July 5 at 9:00AM ET. You must submit all application materials by 9:00am ET on Tuesday, August 2, 2022 using the appropriate link below for your desired opportunity. (See links below.) No late applications can or will be accepted, regardless of circumstances.
Students will be notified of their status 2-4 weeks after the application deadline.
Interested students are encouraged to RSVP for an Information Session on the Penner Award for Fall 2022 offered on Monday, July 18 at 8:00pm ET or Tuesday, July 19 at 9:30am ET. RSVP and request the Zoom link by sending an email to pennerAward@georgetown.edu.