National Center for Faculty Development & Diversity (NCFDD)
This nationally-recognized, independent organization provides online career development resources for faculty, post-docs, and graduate students. It supports academic careers with workshops and intensive mentoring programs to increase research productivity and improve working relationships with department colleagues. Special attention is given to the challenges faced by underrepresented faculty.
Programs include the following:
- Monday Motivator (weekly tips to improve productivity)
- Core Curriculum Webinars (e.g.,” Every Semester Needs a Plan”)
- Guest Expert Webinars (e.g., “5 Secrets to a Super Productive Semester”)
- Multi-week writing courses and “14-Day Writing Challenge”
- Dissertation Success Curriculum for graduate students
- Private Discussion Forum for peer-mentoring, problem-solving, & moderated writing challenges
- Member Library that includes past webinar materials, referrals, and readings
For more information visit the NCFDD web site.
To claim your free Georgetown University Membership, complete the following steps:
- Go to the Become a Member page
- Choose your institution from the drop-down menu.
- Select “Activate my Membership.”
- Complete the registration form using your Georgetown University email address
- Go to your Georgetown email to find a confirmation/welcome email. Click “Activate Account” in the email.
If you have any questions about membership, please contact Dr. Sandra Gleason, Director of Faculty Affairs (email@example.com).