Georgetown University Research Policies

Getting money: Internal research funds can come from your unit (School or Institute), one of the many competitive grant programs offered by Georgetown’s Initiatives, Centers and Institutes, our Internal Grants or, if you are a PI on an external grant, our IDC coupled research funds, including those for Centers and Institutes that have RICI status.

Spending money: For funds coming from external sources, please consult with your JORA grants manager if you have questions about the policies of the sponsor. Research funds provided by Georgetown are covered by this guidance, and research related travel supported by GU funds are subject to these travel requirements,

Research leave: Opportunities for research leaves include sabbaticals, Junior Faculty Research Leaves, GU Research Leave (annual competition), and research leaves associated with external fellowships.

Visitors: For hosting research scholars, please see our visitor policies.