The University will create a Professional Development Fund for adjunct faculty members, effective January 1, 2015. The total amount payable from the Fund shall not exceed $17,500 between January 1 and June 30, 2015. The total amount payable from the Fund in fiscal year 2016 (July 1, 2015 — June 30, 2016) or any subsequent fiscal year during the term of this Agreement shall not exceed $35,000, and no more than $17,500 may be used in the first half of the fiscal year (July 1— December 31). The total amount allocated for the fiscal year must be spent during that fiscal year, for professional development activities occurring during that fiscal year.
Adjunct faculty members who have achieved good faith consideration, pursuant to Article 4, may request reimbursement from the Professional Development Fund for the reasonable costs associated with professional development activities related to teaching. The maximum reimbursement for an individual adjunct faculty member shall be $600 per fiscal year.
Professional development activities may include presenting a paper on a topic related to the faculty member's discipline or department. This fund can be used to help cover travel and registration fees for such activities. The fund is not intended for commercial or promotional events not directly related to the faculty member's teaching at Georgetown, nor is it intended for equipment or supplies.
In order to request reimbursement from the Professional Development Fund please complete the steps below within 60 days after expenses were paid referencing the guidelines established in the university's Business Travel Reimbursement Policy:
- Please contact the Main Campus Office of Academic Appoints at email@example.com to confirm your eligibility.
- After your eligibility has been confirmed, complete the Reimbursement Form.
- Submit the form to the Main Campus Office of Academic Appointments at firstname.lastname@example.org with "Reimbursement Request" in the subject line.
- Keep documentation of your expenses, including all original, itemized receipts and boarding passes. These will be required for final reimbursement.
- The Main Campus Office of Academic Appointments may request additional documents for its records and will notify you of the reimbursement via email.